Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

"YOU TURN ME ON!" card using Lawn Fawn stamps & dies



Happy Thursday Everyone!  When this post goes live I should already be to our destination and getting settled in.     Today I have a Guest Designer post for Tupelo Designs LLC.. (using that link earns me points and you 10% off your first order)

I have a quick and super easy to make card.  This was so much fun to make.   I took a piece of plastic, rubbed a Mustard Seed Distress Ink Pad on it, spritzed it with water in my Ranger ~ Tim Holtz Distress Sprayer and smooshed it onto the watercolor paper. I would push it down while bending the plastic in half, then push it down in another spot. Super easy and the results are so neat.    I dabbed up any excess with a paper towel and set it aside to dry ~ you could heat set it with a heat gun, but mine is in storage so I had to let it dry naturally.

I stamped the "lightbulb" from the You Turn Me On stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink then colored it with some Copic Markers. The yellows I used are: Y06, Y18, Y35 for the metal part I used: N3, N4 and N5.  I then die-cut it out.   I stamped the sentiment  with Versafine Black ink on a white piece of card stock, trimmed it down, layered it on a black piece of card stock and put the card together.   The bulb is on foam tape.

I hope everyone has a super wonderful day!


SUPPLIES:

card stock:  black, Neenah White, Tim Holtz Ranger Watercolor paper
stamps:  Lawn Fawn You Turn Me On
ink: Memento Black, Versafine Black, Copic Markers, Mustard Seed Distress Ink
accessories: Scor-Buddy, Plastic, Distress Water Sprayer, Lawn Fawn You Turn Me On dies and Foam Tape


thanks for looking ~




have a great airborne day!

God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them



DISCLAIMER: Some of the products I use have been provided by Tupelo Designs LLC. However, my opinions of the products are my own.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Super cute card!! I will have to give this technique a try. Hope you are getting g settle. Hugs, Brenda