Pages

Friday, March 6, 2015

Lot of 41 "BEST MOM EVER" assorted cards using a 6 x 6 paper pad


I have been working on this batch of cards the last two nights. I just finished them up and am so pleased with how they turned out.   I was just winging it as far as layouts/sketches.. just cut, layer and see what I liked.  The paper in the pad I used, which is from Lawn Fawn called Let's Polka, is such a fun colorful pad and the patterns go so good together. 


 A little tip.. when I was making the larger 3" wide banners, I cut a black layer 3 1/8 wider and laid them together like in the picture below:



I then cut up the banner like you would usually do to make a banner.


and then slid the pattern piece up a little after cutting and it fits nicely on the black layer.






I typed up in Word the saying "BEST MOM EVER" and printed off a bunch. I punched them out and layered them onto the MFT Pinked Edge Circle dies. 


This is the paper pad that I used. It is by Lawn Fawn and called Let's Polka.  I had used some of the pad on the last batch of cards and then used up the rest of the entire pad on this batch of cards.





thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

6 comments:

Samantha Casey said...

Wow look at all those card! They are awesome! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Tommi said...

Thanks for sharing the banner tip! I'll have to try that. I enjoy your cards.

Patti said...

thanks so much for sharing your wonderful card ideas...I am overrun with designer paper cause I just can't resist. Thanks to your ideas i am making a dent in the stacks of paper.
When i see your interpretation of the card layouts they makes sense.
many blessings
patti

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Awesome!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!

Elise C. said...

Wow, those cards are awesome! That must have taken a lot of time, but it was worth it! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!! :)

Christiana said...

That's definitely a lot of cards! Wow. Great tip on the layering of the banner. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Lawnscaping!