Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

31 TIGER "Keep Calm & Dream Big" and "LOVE YOU" and "Thank You" cards from Authentique Autumn paper pad



My kids didn't have school today because of the snow. My daughter had stayed the night at a friends house and after picking her up this morning and returning home, I decided to wipe out another paper pad. 

The pad I choose was by Authentique called Autumn.  This was super easy to use up as nearly every sheet is without a lot of patterns, mostly solid with some marbling to them.  

All of the LOVE YOU cards used a solid layer measuring 4 1/8" x 5 3/8".  Then I took one sheet that was patterned and I cut it down into 2" x 6" strips, then cut them in half to be 2" x 3".  I had to do that so I would have enough for nearly all the cards. I had one card that I had to cut a solid strip down to use.  


 Below are pictures showing how to use the 2" x 3" pieces to make them work for the banner that goes behind the Tiger image.  

I was cutting them in half first, then putting adhesive on them. I found that was a pain.. so I put adhesive around the edges and a strip in the middle, cut them in half>>>>>>>


Then I adhered each end to each end of the black layer that is cut 2 1/8" x 4 1/8".   This piece when put on the card will be behind the Tiger and no one will know that it's not a solid piece, but you.





Just wanted to share a tip to do when punching out a shape that you can put the punch in far enough that when you punch, it's not showing when you put a layer on top of it.  This way you save on paper and again no one will know it's had something punched out of it.. but you.



After I did all the larger pieces and finished all the LOVE YOU cards, I had these papers leftover.   I cut the strips down to 2" x 4 1/2", the strips were already cut to size from when I cut the papers for the other cards and they measure 3/4" x 4".  I layered all of them onto black card stock.


This is what your paper will look like before putting the Tiger image on top of it.  The area in between the pieces of pattern paper will not show once the Tiger is on top of it.  


I had one piece left that was  2" x 4 1/2". I used it and one strip that was 3/4" x 4" on top of an embossing piece to make the one Thank You card.  

I had only a couple of small pieces left after making all 31 of these cards.


SUPPLIES:

card stock:  Kraft, black, Cream
pattern paper: Authentique Autumn
stamps:   Tiger, Crafter's Companion. Thank You, Hero Arts You're So Kind. LOVE YOU, MFT First Class Friend
ink:  MFT Black Hybrid
accessories: Scor-Pal, Circle Punches, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder Dots and Foam Tape


thanks for looking ~






have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

A Country Twinkle said...

Great set of cards! Love the tiger.