Pages

Friday, January 3, 2014

Lots and Lots and Lots of "THANK YOU" cards for OWH

I have been making lots of "thank you" cards for Operation Write Home.   These are all super easy to make and can be made in no time flat.    All of these were embossed.. along with the ones in the picture below this one..   way below in the post I talked about how I got so many done by running two folders through at the same time.



I used assorted embossing folders.   **The "A Big Thank You" stamp is by Woodware Collection FRS112 Double Thanks


These red/white polka dot strips were cut to be used on some "love" cards..  when I sat down one day to make some cards..  I seen the stack and decided to put them on these cards.. I had already stamped/punched out and layered the sentiment pieces, so they went together super quick.   You could make these really fast as they are just a white card base, a black layer, a white layer.. the pattern paper can be cut 1" x 3" and them adhered under the punched/layered sentiment pieces.. super fast.   Think of how many of these you could get out of 1 6 x 6 paper sheet or even a 12 x 12 paper.


Embossing more than one folder at a time using something I have had for a while.. but haven't used very much.

I have a Genius magnetic platform..  I have used it a few times, but not very much.  I recently ordered and received today a Sizzix Magnetic platform .  While waiting for it to get here I wondered if I would need this Genius platform anymore..  and then a few nights ago I realized that I did.   I could run two embossing folders through the Bigkick at the time time..  I usually emboss two pieces of cardstock at a time but since the metallic layers I was embossing was already layered onto a black layer, I couldn't do that because the one layer didn't emboss hardly at all..  getting to run two folders through at the same time saved me some time.  I will need to do this more often when I am embossing a bunch of card stock.

Here are the two folders on the platform at the same time:


Running them through:

out they come..   so pretty and all embossed:



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

3 comments:

Tommi said...

What a great idea! I have a genius pad also (before sizzix had one). Now I have a use for the genius.

Thanks for the genius idea (no pun intended :)

Janine said...

Pam, who makes the "A big Thank You" stamp? Great cards!

Unknown said...

Great Idea!!! I need to you my platform for my long dies for this. Who makes the "your kindness is truly appreciated" stamp? I "need" that stamp!