Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

A batch of HERO MAIL cards.. and a tip for useful scraps





I started on these earlier today..  I made one card, liked it, so I cut enough to make 12 more.   I stamped the stars in yellow after the first card.. I noticed the ink pad laying on my desk and thought I'd try it and I liked the way it looked.

These are not really hard to make.. after cutting everything, stamping everything.. I just made an assembly line and they were done before I knew it.


I wanted to share a tip on some scraps.   The Star panel measures 1" x 5" and I was cutting these from a 12 x 12 piece so at after cutting the 5" pieces, I was left with a 2" piece on each strip...  I still used them.. just put them on the ends of the red layer and when you put the navy  blue die-cut on top that has the sentiment.. you can't even tell that it doesn't go all the way across.  I do this a lot when I have smaller pieces.. if something is being layered on top of it.. I'll cut something in half to "stretch the paper" to fill the space.



thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The cards are great Pam... and thanks for sharing your tip. I've actually done that before when I only have a smidgen left of something I loved.

AllisonG said...

Your cards are fabulous and thanks for sharing that great tip! Sometimes I think I should figure out how to do that on all my cards to conserve paper, but then it just seems easier to cut the whole strip. LOL

Linda said...

Awesome! Thanks for the tip!