Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

StampersBest From a Grateful American .. cards for WWII Veterans


 I had read a few days ago a post asking if you would like to make and send a card to be handed out to a WWII Veteran when they arrive in D.C. for an upcoming trip that is through  Space Coast Honor Flight.  I immediately contacted the lady to let her know I would love to make some cards to send in.  She quickly replied back and gave me a list of 24 names, another was added the next day.  I made all 25 of these cards yesterday morning and took them with me to a battalion steering committee meeting last night and asked the soldiers and spouses in attendance if they would like to write a personal note inside a card..  every card has a note in it and I know that the Veterans will enjoy what they read.

I used this awesome sentiment from a StampersBest stamp set called My Hero.  Be sure and use this code at checkout to save 10% on your order:    airbornewife

Here are the two baskets full of the 66 cards I made in the last 2 1/2 days.   The basket on the left has the 25 cards that are just like the one above.. the one on the right holds the 40 cards for the Volunteer's and the one in the envelope is for our FRSA who will be leaving soon.. ohhhhh how we will miss her.



supplies used on the card posted above:
card stock: Crumb Cake (Kraft), Navy Blue, Red, Corrugated  paper
accessories:  Stampin' UP! Stripes embossing folder, photo corner punch, star buttons, hemp cord, Stampin' UP! large star punch, large Nestabilities Star die, Cropadile, and Dimensionals!!!!

NOTE:   I used the cropadile to punch a large hole in the center of the punched out star, so that the star button would sit flush. With the hemp cord going through the back, it created a "hump" .. giving it somewhere to sit it would sit flush.


thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

No comments: