Pages

Sunday, March 4, 2012

OWH Sketch Challenge #111... ~*MOM*~



For this card I used the layout from the OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge #111 for this week. Since Mother's Day is the next upcoming deadline for cards sent in to OWH.. I thought I'd make a ~*MOM*~ card.

This was a pretty easy card to put together.. I picked the pattern paper, picked out coordinating card stock.. grabbed a stamp set and some of that luscious Purely Pomegrante ribbon.. aaahhhhhh.. and went from there.


For this card I used:


stamps: Stampin' UP! Messages for Mom

ink: Stampin' UP! Rose Red

card stock: Stampin' UP! Purely Pomegrante, Wild Wasabi

papers: Cream from XpedX, Bo Bunny A Gift of Love pattern paper

accessories: Foam tape, Purely Pomegrante Ribbon, Ribbon Scissors (so worth the $$)

Here is the Sketch that I used:




thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

9 comments:

Carol L said...

This is really pretty! I love the fonts that spell out "MOM" and I'm hoarding some of that luscious ribbon too :)

Linda said...

Super pretty! Love the ribbon...so elegant. TFS!!!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Beautiful card, loving the dp and the mom sentiment as a focal point. lovely. Thanks for joining in on the fun at OwH Stars & Strips weekly sketch.

Donna Hanley said...

Pam, beautiful card. Love that ribbon and the designer paper as just pretty as a picture.

Julie said...

This is beautiful, Pam! I always look forward to seeing your take on a sketch challenge :) I just love that pomegranate color! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jen M said...

Very pretty, Pam! LOVE that dp. :)

Kathryn said...

You're so right about the need for special scissors for ribbon! A few weeks ago, it dawned on me that I should use my sewing shears to cut ribbon, and I've been so much happier with the results since.

Desert Rose Stamper said...

What a wonderful card. I am going to CASE this card. Great job on the sketch. Thanks for the great idea.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

glad you did not hoard the ribbon anymore - great card

Barb Housner