Pages

Friday, March 11, 2011

Another 12 cards complete.. the process to put these cards together

I just completed another dozen cards to send to Operation Write Home. This is the last of this paper, so I will figure out what to do using the other papers in the pack.. I need to start using up stuff that I have.. because I have SO MUCH!!!


Here is what the card looks like:



div>Here is a picture of the whole dozen:




I thought I'd share the process I went through to put these cards together:


I stamped the bird cages and the sentiment onto the vanilla piece.

I then lined up three of these pieces and using a mat, I took my paper piercer and
poked three holes in a row.

I then mounted the vanilla pieces onto the black layer and then those onto the Tempting Turquoise layer.

After putting all three layers together, I then took out my paper piercer again and poked through all three layers.

I then put three brads in each of these pieces.

I then put 5 dimensionals on the back of each of them.

I then went about embossing the pink layer and then attached each of them onto a black layer and set them aside.

I scored all 12 card bases.

I attached each of the bird cage papers onto the Tempting Turquoise layer and attached each of them to the card bases.
I attached each of the strips across the middle of the card.
I removed the dimensionals papers and put each of the image/sentiment layers onto the cards
and they were then complete.


I still have to put a layer inside, but when I get to stamping the backs and before I tuck them in an envelope, I will put the layer inside each one.

thanks for looking ~

have a great airborne day!
God Bless All Our Military.. each and every one of them

1 comment:

Julie said...

You're all about the birds this week! I love it! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!