Pages

Saturday, April 12, 2008

HiPPo Birthday Wishes Card


I still have the Pun Fun set that I borrowed from my friend ~ so I thought I would make another card with it. This hippo is so cute. I stamped two, colored both and then cut the head out to layer on top of the other.. I used an aquapainter with SU ink pads that I squeezed together to get some ink on the lid. The embossing on the Blue Bayou piece is made with an Empressor and the template that comes in the Mat Pack. This whole card started because I found some of the Blue Bayou squares on my scrap pile that were from some cards I made to send to troops and for SU Tulsa Regional ~ funny because today that card was featured on the Stampin' Up! website in the Stamper's Showcase ~ I had some Basic Grey scraps laying there too.. I attached them to the square and then cut the it down the middle.. I like the way it turned out and have the pieces cut to make another one.. just gotta color and emboss it.

thanks for looking and reading ~ Pam

God Bless All Our Military

*ps.. here in Missouri the weather has been crazy like usual.. we had some snow flurries and rain.. my hubby took our son out turkey hunting this morning and they said that it was snowing like all! it's April!

No comments: